Chapter wise Important Questions for Chemistry CBSE Class 12
Chemistry Syllabus For CBSE Class 12 was updated this Year
Important Questions for Chemistry
Hello friends, before we discuss about important questions for Chemistry CBSE class 12 I would like to tell you that Chemistry Syllabus for board Exam 2020 has been updated by the CBSE. The question paper design has also been changed by CBSE.
While preparing important questions for chemistry with updated syllabus we have discussed with various subject specialists and searched across the last year question papers. After a lot of discussions and research work we have sorted out some important topics and questions which have the great probability to be asked in the CBSE board exam 2020.
To Download Updated Syllabus Available On CBSE Website click on the following link.
Unit Wise Break Up of Marks
|Unit I Solutions
Unit II Electrochemistry
Unit III Chemical Kinetics
Unit IV Surface Chemistry
From these 23 marks you can easily score more than 20 marks if you focus on the following topics from which questions may be asked this year.
- Henry’s law – Various Questions are asked frequently in CBSE board exams and this year this will more probably be asked.
- Colligative properties
- Raoult’s law- it is very (Important)
- Questions are asked from Relative lowering of Vapour pressure and this year (Numerical Questions may be asked)
- Depression of freezing point is very important this year. (Theoretical questions are asked on its applications & numerical questions are also expected)
- Prepare Elevation of boiling point (Numerical Questions may be asked)
- Osmotic pressure and Determination of molecular masses using the colligative properties (Numerical Questions may be asked)
- Calculate Van’t Hoff factor When it is less than 1 and when it becomesgreater than 1
- Science Quiz #1 – Play and Win Cash Prize
- Download CBSE Class 10 Science Notes Chapterwise PDF
- CBSE Private Exam Practical Marks Latest News
- CBSE Latest News Regarding Improvement Exam 2021
- CBSE Latest News Regarding Private Exam Form 2021
- CBSE Latest News – Compartment Exam Class 10 & 12 Result
- CBSE Compartment Exam Question Paper Reviews
- CBSE COMPARTMENT EXAM 2020 – List of Allowed Items in Exam Hall
- Download Previous Years Question Papers of CBSE Board Exam Class 10th and 12th
- Important Questions for Class 10 Maths – CBSE Compartment Exam
- Kohlrausch’s Law (Numerical Questions may be asked)
- Standard electrode potential (VERY IMPORTANT)
- Nernst equation and its applications in the chemical cells
- Questions on Relation between Gibbs energy change and EMF value of a cell
- In Rate of a reaction (specially prepare Average and instantaneous)
- Short note Factors affecting rate of reaction
- concentration, temperature, catalyst Concept based questions are expected this year.
- The Order and The molecularity of a reaction (VERY IMPORTANT)
- Rate law and specific rate constant (VERY IMPORTANT)
- Activation energy (VERY IMPORTANT),
- Arrhenious equation (VERY IMPORTANT)
- Adsorption – physisorption and chemisorption (VERY IMPORTANT)
- Catalysis Colloids and suspension
- Short note on Lyophilic, lyophobic, multi-molecular and macromolecular colloids (VERY IMPORTANT)
- Tyndall effect (VERY IMPORTANT)
- Brownian movement (VERY IMPORTANT)
- Electrophoresis Coagulation
- Emulsion – types of emulsion
|Unit V General Principles and Processes of Isolation of Elements
Unit VI p -Block Elements
Unit VI d -and f -Block Elements
Unit VII Coordination Compounds
From these section you can easily score good marks if you focus on the following topics from which questions may be asked this year.
Principles and methods of extraction – concentration, oxidation, reduction (VERY IMPORTANT)
The Occurrence and the principles of extraction of Al, Cu, Zn and Fe.
p Block Elements –
Oxides of Nitrogen (Prepare Structure) –Important
Phosphorus – (VERY IMPORTANT), Allotropic forms, Compounds of Phosphorus
Preparation and properties and uses of Phosphine,
Group 16 Elements:
Dioxygen: Preparation, its Properties & uses (VERY IMPORTANT)
Classification of oxides, Ozone (VERY IMPORTANT)
Sulphure -allotropic forms, Compounds of sulphure: Preparation, properties and uses of sulphur-dioxide, Sulphuric acid: process of its industrial manufacture, its properties and uses (VERY IMPORTANT)
Group 17 Elements:
Preparation properties and uses of chlorine and Hydrochloric acid (VERY IMPORTANT)
d and f Block Elements –
- Ionization, enthalpy (VERY IMPORTANT)
- Oxidation states (VERY IMPORTANT) ionic radii, color, catalytic properties and magnetic Properties interstitial compounds (VERY IMPORTANT)
- Preparation and properties of K2Cr2O7 and KMnO4
|Unit VIII Haloalkanes and Haloarenes
Unit IX Alcohols, Phenols and Ethers
Unit X Aldehydes, Ketones and Carboxylic Acids
Unit XI Organic Compounds containing Nitrogen
Unit XII Biomolecules
Unit XIII Polymers
Unit XIV Chemistry in Everyday Life
Various students find Organic chemistry tougher than the other sections/units as it contains a lot of reactions and hence it becomes very hectic for the students. Even then this is very scoring section and if you have interest and concentration you can score decent marks in this section/unit.
Important Topics From where questions will be asked this year are-
- Short note on Ligands
- Short notes on Coordination number, color, magnetic properties and shapes (VERY IMPORTANT)
- Werner’s theory
- VBT (VERY IMPORTANT)
- CFT (VERY IMPORTANT)
- Prepare short notes on Structure and the stereo-isomerism (VERY IMPORTANT)
Haloalkanes and Haloarenes –
- What are the Mechanisms of substitution reactions and write short note on Optical rotation
- Uses and environmental effects of –
- Dichloromethane, Trichloromethane and Tetrachloromethane
- Freons and
Alcohols, Phenols and Ethers
- Questions are asked from Identification of primary, secondary and tertiary alcohols (VERY IMPORTANT)
- Mechanism of dehydration, what are the uses of alcohols with special reference to methanol or ethanol
Aldehydes, Ketones and Carboxylic Acids
Aldehydes and Ketones:
- Mechanism of Nucleophilic addition (VERY IMPORTANT)
- Reactivity of alpha hydrogen in Aldehydes: Uses
- Carboxylic Acids: Methods of preparation (VERY IMPORTANT)
- Physical and chemical properties (VERY IMPORTANT), Uses
- Organic compounds containing Nitrogen
- Amines: Nomenclature, Classification, Structure, Methods of preparation (most important)
- Physical and chemical properties, Uses, Identification of 1°, 2° and
3° amines (VERY IMPORTANT)
- Cyanides and Isocyanides
- Diazonium salts: their Preparation, Chemical reactions and their importance especially in synthetic organic chemistry and labs (VERY IMPORTANT)
- Carbohydrates – Classification of aldoses and ketoses
- Monosaccahrides : glucose and fructose, unique D-L configuration
- In Oligosaccharides (sucrose, lactose and maltose
- in Polysaccharides focus on starch, cellulose and glycogen.
- Question may be asked on the Importance of carbohydrates
- Proteins – Short note on – amino acids/peptide bond/ polypeptides and proteins, Structure of proteins –
- 1°, 2° and 3° and 4° structures ( only qualitative idea) – VERY IMPORTANT,
- Denaturation of proteins
- Enzymes and its classification
- Hormones – only elementary information you should have
- Vitamins – their Classification and functions, Prepare their importance and deficiency diseases
- Nucleic Acids: DNA and RNA, Structure and Bonding
Classification of polymers –
- Co-polymerization (VERY IMPORTANT)
- Some questions may be asked from important polymers both from Natural and synthetic like polythenes, Nylon and polyesters etc.
- Bakelite (VERY IMPORTANT), Rubber,
- What are Biodegradable and non-biodegradable polymers? Short note may also come.
Chemistry in Everyday Life
- Chemicals in medicines – Analgesic drugs and Antifertility drugs. What are Antibiotics (VERY IMPORTANT)
- Antacids (VERY IMPORTANT) Antihistamines
- Chemicals in food – short not on Preservations, What are Artificial sweetening agents (VERY IMPORTANT)
- Cleansing agents – Soaps and detergents (VERY IMPORTANT)
- Cleansing action (VERY IMPORTANT)
Dear Students these are some important topics/questions from the complete and updated syllabus of CBSE Class 12th Chemistry.
You may expect many questions from here in CBSE board exam 2020. You should always give priority to completing the whole syllabus but you should focus more on the above mentioned topics.
Thanks For Your Love And Support.
All The Best For Your Board Exams.
Team ExamTub and Govt. Exams Adda
If you want to download the above important questions in PDF click the following button-
Feel free to write us if you have any suggestion or Queries.