Hello Students, in this article I am going to tell you most important Question of Science Subject for CBSE class 10 board exam 2020. The CBSE board exam 2020 is about to start and this year a lot of changes have been made in the exam pattern and question paper design. And these changes are so much that students have become confused.
At this juncture I am going to tell you about most important questions of Science subject which may come in the CBSE class 10 board exam 2020. But before these you should have a clear cut idea about the Updated Syllabus and changed question paper design. Therefore download the updated syllabus and Sample Question paper of CBSE class 10 science for academic session 2019-20.
- CBSE CLASS 10 SCIENCE UPDATED SYLLABUS
- SCIENCE SAMPLE QUESTION PAPER FOR CBSE CLASS 10
- MARKING SCHEME OF SCIENCE SAMPLE QUESTION PAPER
CBSE Class 10 Science Syllabus and Distribution of Marks
Here you can see the unit wise distribution of marks. You have to prepare accordingly.
From the above five units the unit wise break up of marks clearly represent that you have to focus on which unit and up to which extent.
Chapter wise Important Questions of CBSE Class 10 Science
I would like to clear that I have collected these important questions of CBSE Class 10 science subjects after talking to the subject specialists and analyzing the previous year question papers of the cbse board exams. You can prepare and focus on these questions while preparing for the board exams.
- Balance the given chemical equation
- Double displacement reaction
- short note on Oxidation and Reduction
- Rancidity and Corrosion
- Questions may come on Photo-chemical Reactions (Write balanced chemical equation of photolysis of Silver Chloride)
- Importance of neutralization reactions
Acids, bases and salts:
- Importance of pH in everyday life
- One question may be asked from the following- preparation and uses of Sodium Hydroxide, Bleaching powder, Baking soda, Washing soda and Plaster of Paris.
Metals and non-metals:
- Learn the Chemical properties of Metals and non metals as one long answer type questions may come this year.
- Reactivity Series based chemical reactions may be asked
- From metallurgic portion basic questions related to occurrence and separation of metals from ores may come.
- Different types of alloys and their composition
- Corrosion and its prevention has always been important topic so prepare it.
- Short note on Versatile nature of carbon
- Saturated and unsaturated carbon compounds and their general formula
- Electron dot structure of saturated and unsaturated carbon compounds
- Straight, Branched and cyclic carbon compounds
- Homogeneous series, functional group and nomenclature of carbon compounds.
- Physical and Chemical properties of Ethanol and Ethanoic Acid
- Chemical properties and cleansing action of Soap
- Hydrogenation and its industrial applications
- Structural isomerism of Pentane
Periodic classification of elements:
- Dobereiner’s Triads and Newland’s Law of Octaves
- Merits and demerits of Mendeleev’s periodic table
- Mendeleev’s periodic table Vs Modern Periodic Table
- trends in modern periodic table.
- Metalloids and their position in periodic table.
- Question may be asked about Mode of nutrition in plants and animals
- Detailed note on process and importance of Photosynthesis
- Human digestion and different steps of nutrition in human beings
- Aerobic and Anaerobic respiration and the importance of anaerobic respiration
- Role of Diaphragm in breathing process
- Structure of human heart and schematic diagram of double circulatory system in human beings.
- Structure of nephron and urine formation in human beings;
Control and co-ordination in animals and plants:
- Reflex action and Reflex arc
- CNS and PNS
- Structure and Function of Brain and its different parts
- Plant Hormones especially Auxin and Gibberellins
- Endocrine glands- Hypothyroidism and Hyperthyroidism, Pituitary gland is called Master gland Why?
- Short Note on Diabetes
- Feedback mechanism
- Science Quiz #1 – Play and Win Cash Prize
- Download CBSE Class 10 Science Notes Chapterwise PDF
- CBSE Private Exam Practical Marks Latest News
- CBSE Latest News Regarding Improvement Exam 2021
- CBSE Latest News Regarding Private Exam Form 2021
- CBSE Latest News – Compartment Exam Class 10 & 12 Result
- CBSE Compartment Exam Question Paper Reviews
- CBSE COMPARTMENT EXAM 2020 – List of Allowed Items in Exam Hall
- Download Previous Years Question Papers of CBSE Board Exam Class 10th and 12th
- Important Questions for Class 10 Maths – CBSE Compartment Exam
- Types of reproduction
- Tissue culture and clonning
- Describe the process of fertilization in flowering plants.
- Labelled diagram of Male reproductive reproduction
- Longitudinal section of a bi-sexual flower
- different modes of asexual reproduction
- Female reproductive system
- What is contraception and what are its different methods?
- What are the different steps involved in the formation of seeds.
Heredity and Evolution:
- Homologous and Analogous organs
- Fossils and determination of age of fossils
- Which one is the edible part in kale, kohlrabi, broccoli, cabbage and
- What is the law of Purity of gametes? Write the genotypic and phenotypic ratio.
- What is variation?
- mirror formula (Derivation not required) and magnification.
- Numerical question based on mirror formula are expected
- uses of spherical mirrors
- Why AMBULANCE is written in inverted format?
- Refraction of light and Lens Formula
- Draw ray diagram when :
(i) object is placed between pole and focus of a concave mirror.
(ii) object is placed at infinity from a convex mirror.
- Numerical question may be asked based on lens formula
- Structure of Human eye (Diagram only)- Very Important
- Dispersion and Scattering of light and their application in daily life.
- defects of vision and their corrections, applications of spherical mirrors and lenses.
- Refractive index
Effects of Current: Electricity-
- What is Ohm’s law?
- What is Resistivity?
- Explain advantages of series combination and parallel combination
- Importance of electric fuse
- How does fuse wire protect electrical appliances ?
- On what factors does resistance of a conductor depend ?
Magnetic effects of current :
- Fleming’s Left Hand Rule
- When does short Circuit occur.
- Write the different ways to produce magnetic field line.
- What do you mean by electromagnetic induction ? Explain it with an activity as well write its one application.
- What is an electromagnet ? What material are used to make electromagnet ?
Can we use steel to make electromagnet ?
Sources of energy:
- What are fossil fuels?
- Advantages of Hydro power plants and Bio gas
- Nuclear Fission and Nuclear Fusion
- Importance of Non-conventional sources sources of energy.
- Food chain And flow of energy in Trophic Levels
- Ozone layer depletion and its negative consequences.
- What are various methods of Waste Disposal ?
- Differentiate between biodegradable waste and non-biodegradable waste.
- Explain how the components of an ecosystem are dependent on each other.
Management of natural resources:
- Short note on Chipko Movement is expected this year.
- 3R formula to save our environment
- Short note on rain water harvesting
- List four methods that can be taken to conserve energy resources
- What are natural resources and how should we mange it?
These were some important from which Question may come this year. So focus on these important topics and Questions of CBSE class 10 Science Subject.
All the Best For Your Exams. Thank You For Visiting.